Cupcakegirly

Jenuine Cupcakes

The Raven Boys

The Raven Boys - I did not enjoy this book like I expected to. I've read several other Maggie Stiefvater books, the most recent being, The Scorpio Races which is one of my favorites! This book was dark, heavy and less appealing to me but then again, I don't enjoy reading about mediums and witchcraft. The body of the story seemed very wordy (for lack of a better term) and I often felt like I was reading an Alice Hoffman novel. The alternating POV's were confusing at times because I wasn't sure who was speaking, causing me to have go back and reread sections which is both time consuming and annoying.The characters themselves weren't bad and I enjoyed their personalities, witty banter and sense of humors but that was about it. The plot didn't hold my interest and I don't really see the need to spread it out over several books. Having said all of that, not every book will please every person and I'm OK with that. I've no doubt that The Raven Boys will have many fans but I'm just not one of them. (insert frowny face)