Cupcakegirly

Jenuine Cupcakes

Unchained - J. Lynn, Jennifer L. Armentrout 3.75 StarsWhat I Liked: Whoever made the cover change call, was one smart cupcake because this one definitely depicts the story much better than the original cover did. I always enjoy JLA's writing style, whether she's telling me a story about turtle loving college guys, pure-bred protectors or glow worms, and UNCHAINED was no different. I liked the characters of Lily, and Julian (especially Julian), even if I did feel the need to cover my eyes while reading certain parts. Lily is a great mix of strength, compassion and vulnerability while Julian is an intoxicating blend of swoon and danger.Lily is surrounded by other Nephilim like herself who are charged with killing demons, but it's Julian, a Fallen and her supposed sworn enemy, who challenges her to question all she's believed to be true. The closer she gets to him, the more the lines of good versus evil and right and wrong begin to blur, leaving Lily even more confused. She wants to do the right thing, but she also can't deny that Julian isn't like all the other Fallen, or the way he makes her feel. He's always there when she needs him and only seems to want what's best for her, but when a traitor surfaces, Lily will have to decide whose been telling her the truth all along and whose only out to destroy her. What I Wasn't Fangirling Over: There are a lot of graphic sexy parts.Would I Rec This Read?: If you are under the age of 18 or a reader who is not fan of explicit sexy scenes, then you'll want to pass. This may not have been my favorite JLA book, but I have no doubt Julian and Michael will have their megafans right along with her other book guys. ;)