Cupcakegirly

Jenuine Cupcakes

Clockwork Princess - Cassandra Clare 4.75*This book was like an emotional roller coaster from beginning to end and at times I wanted off if only so I could get a better grip on my feels before continuing. I've been Team Will from the start and while I enjoyed Jem, his relationship with Tessa never felt as true or passionate as the one she shared with Will which was immediate, intense and palpable. I had to resist the urge to flip to the back of the book to see who Tessa ended up with and was completely unaware of the family tree that was hiding beneath the cover of the book until someone mentioned it to me. However, even looking at that early, while somewhat spoilery, doesn't give you the whole picture until you've come to the end of the book.What I loved: I really enjoyed getting to know the other characters more, like Gideon and Gabriel Lightwood, Sophie and Cecily and it really does help paint a broader picture for The Mortal Instruments series. The world building was detailed as always and a few plot twists I didn't see coming kept me on my toes. This is told from multiple POV's and blends together so seamlessly that it prevents any breaks or halts in the story. What left me wanting: I am usually a HUGE fan of Epilogues and this one had me crying all the tears until about midway, at which point it felt like an appeasement which was disappointing to me. I want to explain what I mean but to do so would be a HUGE spoiler and I don't want to ruin it for anyone. (*I realize I may in the minority here but that's okay.)Final verdict: Excellent addition to both The Infernal Devices and The Mortal Instruments series!Favorite quote(s): "Are those scones under your bed?""She was forever asking questions; leave her alone in a room, and she'd begin asking questions of the furniture and plants." "All Lightwoods look the same to me---""For this I would have been damned forever. For this I would have given up everything."