Cupcakegirly

Jenuine Cupcakes

Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2) - Colleen Hoover I wanted to love this book but I had a few issues with it.Here's what I liked: Will's POV, the kids and the way it ended. The "butterflying" was hilariously inappropriate too.What I had trouble with: I felt the writing was stilted in places and there were too many simple sentences. Take out a few periods, throw in a comma or two and the paragraph would've flowed much easier. (I read an ARC so it's quite possible this was fine tuned before the final copy was released.)One of the things I enjoy about contemporaries is how believable they are (for the most part) but one too many dramatic situations and the story begins to feel forced. The same holds true for the characters, I mean, I like Will but there were times I felt he swayed too far into the "I'm too perfect to be real." category.This was a decent sequel but I couldn't help thinking it would've made a more well rounded story if some things had been cut and Will's POV added to the first book.