Cupcakegirly

Jenuine Cupcakes

Alight: The Peril (Pyxis, #2) - K.C. Neal Thank you author, K.C. Neal for providing this e-book for review. I thoroughly enjoyed Pyxis (*coughs* especially Mason *coughs*) and have been really looking forward to being, "Alighted". ;)Alight picks up where Pyxis left off and does not disappoint! Corrine is charged with honing her skills, navigating her feelings for Mason and finishing up her Sophomore year all while waiting for the other Guardian to reveal him or herself. (No pressure or anything.) She doesn't have to wait long for other Guardian to be revealed and what a reveal THAT is! I didn't see that one coming but it was brilliant! The green eyed creeper continues to cause problems, threatening the bond Corrine, Ang, Mason and the new Guardian have, but that may be the least of Corrine's concerns, especially when Zane shows up. He's the new guy in town, or dream world rather and he seems full of all kinds of helpful information. *glares* What's NOT helpful is how Corrine allows herself to be distracted by Zane. Zane, with his cool hair, fancy piercings and smexy accent. *stomps foot* (Really, not helpful to those of us who are fully rooted on Team Mason. m/) I wanted to shake her and say, "Hellew, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! We're not Team Zane, we're Team Mason! hazel, is our team color NOT blue, focus Corrine, FOCUS!" I also wanted to tell her that honestly, I don't trust this Zane guy as far as I can throw him. I think there's more to his story and his icy blue eyes than she realizes and she will rue the day she met him. RUE.THE.DAY! *takes a deep breath* Actually, Zane could be a really nice guy and exactly what Corrine needs but it might end costing her more than she ever imagined.Sophie is still hanging around, more than Corrine would like but hey, it's like they say, "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." right? Ang is still the best BFF a girl could have and I'm so glad she has a love interest. Mason is still made of awesome but my heart hurt for him. He's doing the best he can as Corrine's Shield but even he may not be able to protect her from what lies ahead. *chews nails* There is a lot of action in this book especially since Corrine and the others are training and learning how to utilize their powers to the best of their abilities. The twists and turns keep you guessing and the ending...well, all I can say is...NO!NO!NO! *shakes fist* ;)