Cupcakegirly

Jenuine Cupcakes

Burn for Burn - Jenny Han, Siobhan Vivian I have mixed feelings about this & don't really know how to "star" it so I will leave it blank.Beautiful cover!I adore Jenny Han and was really looking forward to this book. (I haven't read any of Siobhan Vivian's previous works but have heard nothing but good things about them!) After doing so, I am so very thankful to be out of High School! LOL!One sign of a good book, is how it affects the reader, either in a positive or a negative way. If a book fails to conjure up any kind of emotion then it hasn't done it's "job" in my opinion. I knew Burn For Burn wouldn't be an easy read but didn't expect it to leave me feeling nauseous and uncomfortable. I can't honestly say that I "liked" it. However, that doesn't mean it wasn't a good book. Confused much? Bare with me...It's really well written and the subject matter is certainly at the forefront of teen society. I liked being able to "see" the story unfold from multiple POV's but the "get even" behaviors really bothered me, possibly more so than the "mean people" ones. I do think this is an excellent example of what NOT to do because there are always consequences to our actions, some of which can have devastating results.