Cupcakegirly

Jenuine Cupcakes

Pushing the Limits - Katie McGarry 3.75 Stars!This book is well worth the read! It's raw, edgy and the characters manage to break your heart while giving you hope at the same time. I enjoyed the alternating POV's and watching the romance grow between two very unlikely people.Echo and Noah have both experienced horrific tragedies and are left to cope with finding a new normal pretty much on their own. (At least that's how they see it.) Not knowing who to trust is hard but through their combined circumstances Noah and Echo discover "normal" isn't always what it seems and love can find you when you least expect it. Both of these characters are strong and Noah is completely swoon worthy despite his tough guy attitude and his potty mouth. ;) It was interesting to watch Echo's transformation and the fact that she was able to hold on to certain "things" throughout the story was refreshing. Sometimes you read a book like this, and the pain and brokenness of the characters is too much often leaving you worse for the wear. Not so, with this story. Even though I was a roller coaster of emotions the message of hope and life being full of possibilities came through loud and clear. (for me anyway.) I was also impressed that the first line in the acknowledgements was "God - Luke 1:37" ("For nothing is impossible with God." ~ Luke 1:37)