Cupcakegirly

Jenuine Cupcakes

Humorous and heartwarming addition to the Blue Heron Series.

The Perfect Match - Kristan Higgins

Thank you Harlequin and Little Bird Publicity for this ARC!

I am a HUGE Kristan Higgins fan and THE BEST MAN (Blue Heron #1) is one of my all-time favorite books, so when I had the chance to read this one, I jumped on it.

What I Loved: A colorful cover with obvious romantic flare. Tom is British. The accent alone should entice you to read this book. Did I mention that he boxes, too? With Levi, from THE BEST MAN. Excuse me while I pick myself up off the floor, and wipe the drool off my chin.

One of the things I enjoy about Kristan Higgins' writing, is that I never fail to connect with at least one of the characters. Regardless of whether it's the uptight slightly intimidating Honor, or a smooth talking British professor like Tom who finds solace in a glass. There is always something to identify with and pull me further into the story.

Like all of Higgin's books, this one has a strong family focus and centers around the Holland family which is made up of a colorful cast of characters. But she also sheds a positive light on Tom's relationship with Charlie which is born of love and not blood.

The romance that develops between Honor and Tom is not an easy one and begins out of convenience on both their parts. However, it quickly (and hilariously at times) evolves into something honest, strong and ultimately helps them both overcome some of the issues they struggle with.

What Left Me Wanting More: I am always a little sad to see a Kristan Higgins' book end.

Final Verdict: Humorous and heartwarming addition to the Blue Heron Series. I'm excited for the next installment!

Favorite Quote(s): "One! One beeg mistake! Two! Two bad knees!" (Think, The Count, from Sesame Street.)