Thank you Miranda Kenneally for another great addition to the Hundred Oaks Series! I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'll read anything you write.
What I loved: The covers in the Hundred Oaks series are some of my favorites. They have clean, bright colors with clear images that accurately represent the story within. And by not showing the model's faces, it allows readers to imagine the heroine/hero anyway they want to!
Twelve Things I Loved About Racing Savannah
1. It's hard to go wrong with a story about horses. The relationship Savannah has with Star was so sweet and her back story broke my heart.
2. If GQ Cowboy were a thing I would be a lifetime subscriber. ;)
3. Miranda Kenneally doesn't do "insta-love", but she does write "insta-attraction" and pretty freaking well, I might add. I enjoyed watching Savannah try to fight off her attraction to Jack. (I would've lasted about as long as it took him to say, "Hello.")
4. Savannah is a pint-sized bada*s full of sass, but she isn't a harda*s. I loved that she wasn't afraid to go after what she wanted despite the risks. I wanted to high five her when she stood up to Jack and I wanted to hug him when he finally stood up to her. (Also, I just kind of wanted to hug Jack, period.)
5. The fathers in this story are present and involved and even though the relationships aren't necessarily easy, they are positive.
6. The social class issue/differences felt believable.
7. I am a die hard Matt Brown fan ("Things I Can't Forget") but, SWEET BUTTERMILK BISCUITS Jack Goodwin is a close second. *fans self* He is a fantastic blend of swoon, swag and southern gentleman.
8. There is a scene in the middle of the book that ties in some of the characters from previous Hundred Oaks books and I got all choked up over seeing them again. I also wanted to go back and reread all of "their" stories again.
9. I think everyone needs a Rory in their life!
10. I'll admit, I thought I knew how this would end, but I was wrong and happily so.
11. Lollipop addictions.
12. Star Wars sheets. That is all!
What Left Me Wanting More: Not a darn thing.
Final Verdict: Horses, hot guys and a girl with sass, RACING SAVANNAH is a winning combination and I couldn't put it down!
INTERVIEW WITH JACK GOODWIN
I'm so excited to have Jack Goodwin with me on the blog today! If you haven't had a chance to meet Jack yet, you will soon. He's the resident heartthrob in RACING SAVANNAH. *cue the drooling*
Jack, I'm sure you get a lot of horse related questions, so I thought we'd talk about some other things instead.
Jen: Describe Savannah in three words.
Jack: Feisty. Beautiful. Determined. Jen: If you had to plan the perfect date, where would you go and what would you do?
Jack: I have a thing for the County Fair that comes once every fall. I love grabbing cotton candy and then screaming on the Tilt-a-Whirl and then kissing on the Ferris wheel. The only problem is that if my little sister catches wind I'm going to the fair, she'll beg to go, too. And you can't bring a little sister on a date with you... Or can you? I bet girls would find it very sweet that I love my sister and take care of her. And maybe I'd get a kiss from my date. But then I'd be using my little sister. And my mom would find out and yell at me. Gah, dating is confusing!
Jen: Favorite lollipop flavor? *wink wink*
Jack: Cherry! (That's Savannah's favorite flavor too.)
Jen: What song do you have on repeat right now? (This can be on your iPod, in your truck or in your head.)
Jack: That Miley Cyrus "Wrecking Ball" video has been seared into my brain. And I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.
Jen: Something you are afraid of?
Jack: When my father retires, I'm supposed to take over Cedar Hills Farms, which has been in my family since the Civil War. I've been training my entire life for this, but what if I screw up the finances somehow and we lose the farm and all the people who work for us lose their jobs?
Jen: Favorite Halloween costume growing up?
Jack: Buzz Lightyear to the rescue!
Jen: Cupcakes or Pie?
Jack: What a silly question. Cupcakes, of course! Especially those cookie dough cupcakes made by Jen Cupcake Girly. Hers are the best. <-- I heart you, Jack. To infinity and beyond!